Featured Boise Home Pro: 2 Thumbs Up Plumbing
Summer in Boise is in full swing and it’s a great time to get on top of those project you’ve been putting off or to tackle something new! The good news is we have a full roster of some of the best home service providers in the Treasure Valley today!
This month we are featuring Joe Corcoran of 2 Thumbs Up Plumbing and Remodeling!
With over 12 years of experience serving here in Idaho 2 Thumbs Up has the skills and experience to get the job done!
Insured and licensed they provide top quality work with competitive pricing, and excellent level of skill.
Their services include, but are not limited to:
Drain cleaning, Sewer cleaning, water softeners, water heaters, bathroom repair, sink repair, sink installation, bath tubs, toilets, showers, and everything in between!
No matter what the problem with your plumbing or remodeling project 2 Thumbs Up can help! Contact them today and let them know the BBG sent ya!
Boise Plumbers: Keeping You Safe!!
After a number of health concerns some areas of the nation are starting to force the use of backflow devices on homes. Cases of local people getting extremely sick from the water in their homes and high pathogen counts in water systems is never good for anyone.
State Program Status: A list of the areas that are on board with protecting our Drinking water.
Protecting the Health and Safety of the Boise Community is what our Boise Plumbers do every day. Also Public awareness for our valued Boise citizens is the priority that all Plumbers in Boise take serious. No matter what your plumbing needs may be call 2 Thumbs Up Plumbing & Remodeling today for the best plumbing services in the Treasure Valley!
Your feedback is very important to us! Please go to this link YP.com or Angies List , Bing Boise 2 Thumbs Up Plumbers and Remodelers …..you can look at our past client reviews as well.
Get Your Home in Boise Ready for Old Man Winter
Now is the time of year to start thinking about preparing your home for winter, because as temperatures begin to dip, your home will require maintenance to keep it in tip-top shape through the winter.
Here are some good things to think about in getting ready for the long cold winter ahead!
1) Furnace Inspection
- Call an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace and clean ducts.
- Stock up on furnace filters and change them monthly.
- Consider switching out your thermostat for a programmable thermostat.
- If your home is heated by a hot-water radiator, bleed the valves by opening them slightly and when water appears, close them.
- Remove all flammable material from the area surrounding your furnace.
2) Get the Fireplace Ready
- Cap or screen the top of the chimney to keep out rodents and birds.
- If the chimney hasn’t been cleaned for a while, call a chimney sweep to remove soot and creosote.
- Buy firewood or chop wood. Store it in a dry place away from the exterior of your home.
- Inspect the fireplace damper for proper opening and closing.
- Check the mortar between bricks and tuckpoint, if necessary.
3) Prevent Plumbing Freezes
- Locate your water main in the event you need to shut it off in an emergency.
- Drain all garden hoses.
- Insulate exposed plumbing pipes.
- Drain air conditioner pipes and, if your AC has a water shut-off valve, turn it off.
- If you go on vacation, leave the heat on, set to at least 55 degrees.
- Have any problem areas looked at by a quality Boise Plumber.
These things may seem like common knowledge, but you know what they say about an ounce of prevention…
Still have questions or concerns? Take a look at our directory of Boise home service experts to find the right home professional to fit your specific need! All of our members are trusted and experienced service providers for all household needs big or small!
Good Health and Good Plumbing
Good plumbing is a matter which concerns health. The plumbing system in your home is composed of two separate subsystems. One subsystem brings fresh water in, and the other takes waste water out.
A leakage of polluted water from the house-drainage system is unsanitary and dangerous. Leakage within the house may pollute the habitation and permit food infection through the medium of insects; they may transport disease germs, and thus be a menace to your health.
City ordinances usually define the exact methods and materials used in the home for sewage disposal, they outline the methods by which connections must be made, and specify the installation of waste lines.
Regulations governing the installation of plumbing have been established in many places, many cities have plumbing codes or local ordinances governing plumbing. These regulations have been important in improving living conditions throughout the country. For the safety of your health check the license of any plumber you are considering using. For plumbing tips and coupons please look at http://www.bestboiseplumber.com
2 Thumbs Up Plumbing and Remodeling Services