Summer time Summer time sum-sum-summer time! It’s here in full force!
While this is many people’s favorite time of year, a time of long warm days and relaxing evenings shared with friends higher energy bills are something homeowners don’t look forward to during this time. Extra energy costs can come from running the air conditioning, or even just electric fans, but there are ways you can help keep energy costs down.
Check out these 10 Summer Time Energy Saving Tips from our Home Warranty Authority Lori Apodaca from Home Warranty of America!
1.Close shades, drapes and blinds during the day, especially on the east and west ends of your home.
2. Don’t choose a lower thermostat temperature when you first turn your A/C on. It won’t cool faster; it will always run as fast as it can. It will only cool longer, not faster.
3.Use fans when weather is cooler instead of turning on your cooling system.
4. Light up your outdoor grill. The stove or over can raise the temperature in your kitchen as much as 10 degrees!
5. Use clothes lines – they are a great alternative to using your clothing dryer.
6. Air-dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s heat cycle.
7. Take shorter showers. They use less hot water than a bath!
8. Plant shaded trees. Shade on the east and west is most important. Outside shade can actually reduce air conditioning costs up to 30%.
9. Delay heat producing chores such as laundry and dish washing until the end of the day.
10. Spend more time outside. Spending time outside of your home will help curb your energy consumption.
Did you know that another great way to not only save money but to also protect your home investment is through a home warranty? Home warranties can save you a lot of headaches and hassles when it comes time for repairs to your home, or for those unexpected accidents. Home Warranty of America offers one of the countries best home warranty plans – contact Lori Apodaca ( 208-761-1666 ) today to find out more about how they can help you!